SGA announces changes to student ticketing system

Ignited Cards will now be checked at the gate to ensure that the owner of the card is the one using it, according to SGA's newly released 2016 Football Student Ticketing Policy.

"Students who encounter swiping issues or are questioned about the validity of their card will be directed to Gate 6, and cards that do not match the student attempting to use it will be collected and submitted to the Office of Student Conduct," the document states.

Students were informed of the changes via an email announcement from SGA President Jesse Westerhouse.

The changes are being made to meet three goals, Westerhouse wrote.

"1. Make more tickets available to students whose priority is attending football games, not buying tickets to sell on the secondary market. 2. Limit the number of fans in the student section who are not Auburn students. 3. Create a safe environment for students in the student section."

Other changes:

Ticket transfers will be limited during the upcoming football season.

"If a student transfers their ticket to more than four games to another student using the Athletics Ticketing System, the student will not be eligible to purchase student tickets the following football season," according to the policy. 

No full season tickets will be offered to 'first-year' students

Two 6-game packages and one 4-game package will be available, the policy states. Each will include at least one SEC game.

Guest ticketing

A limited number of guest tickets will be available each game for an additional charge. More information on the process will be released at a later date, according to the document. 

Share and discuss “SGA announces changes to student ticketing system” on social media.