Ramsier earns repeat All-American honors

Senior midfielder Casie Ramsier was been named an All-American by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America on Sunday.

Also earning the honor in 2015, Ramsier becomes the second player in program history behind Katy Frierson (2010, 2011) to earn the title.

Ramsier becomes the seventh NSCAA All-American all-time at Auburn, with all seven honorees coming under head coach Karen Hoppa.

The senior captain represented one of three SEC schools to land on the list. Auburn, Florida and South Carolina each had a player earn the prestigious honor.

The Dallas, Texas native was instrumental in guiding the program to its first ever appearance in the NCAA Quarterfinals this past season. Ramsier was second on the team in points with 31 and also contributed 12 goals, including five in postseason play.

Ramsier’s goal total was second only to Kristen Dodson’s 13. Together, the duo became the second ever in Auburn history to each have 10-plus goals in the same season.

In her 2016 season alone, the midfielder netted a team-leading six game-winning goals, which ended as the ninth-best total by any player in the nation. She also added seven assists, good for fourth on a team that finished fourth in the country in total assists with 55.

Ramsier finished her career with her name all over the program's record books. She ended first in career game-winning goals (13), second in matches started in a career (89) and career goals (37), third in career points (94) and 10th in career assists (20).

Share and discuss “Ramsier earns repeat All-American honors” on social media.