Emily Shoffit | Sports Editor

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Men's tennis bests No. 44 Clemson

A Sunday afternoon of dominant doubles and singles victories coasted the No. 56 Auburn Tigers to a 4-3 win on the road at Clemson.  Conner Huertas del Pino and Brandon Laubser along with Max Hinnisdaels and Olle Thestrup captured the doubles point by each defeating their opposing ACC Tigers duos 7-5.  For singles, Dante Saleh set the tone with a straight set victory over Arturo Pizano 6-2, 6-1.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Tigers rival Alabama after 8 year victory drought

A full frontal "complete team win" is all the No. 14 Auburn women's tennis team needed to defeat No. 51 Alabama for the first time since 2008, according to Auburn coach Lauren Spencer. The Tigers (19-4, 7-2 SEC) notched a 4-3 victory over the Crimson Tide (4-13, 0-9 SEC) at the Yarbrough Tennis Center in Auburn Friday afternoon. In doubles play, Alannah Griffin and Andie Dikosavljevic were the sole winners in doubles for Auburn, defeating Bennett Dunn and Aryn Green 6-2.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Krickovic's win streak comes to an end

Auburn Men's Tennis senior Marko Krickovic made a solid run at the ITA Men's All-American  Tournament in Tulsa, Oklahoma, making upsets and winning in singles for five consecutive days. Krickovic advanced in singles play Tuesday during the qualifying round, defeating Filip Kraljevic of Ole Miss in a third-set tiebreaker 6-2, 2-6, 7-6 (5). He advanced out of the qualifying round Wednesday in another three-set win over Luca Corinteli of Virginia. The senior posted another three-set come-from-behind victory over Mitchell Pritchard of Tulsa, 3-6, 6-2, 6-1.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Freshmen shine at Mercer Bears Gridiron Classic

Women's tennis freshmen Alannah Griffin and Caroline Turner competed in their first tournament for the Tigers last weekend at the Mercer Bears Gridiron Classic, combining to snag 11 wins and two championships in their respective brackets.  Turner started Friday with two wins over Georgia State's Trani Kamoe (6-3, 6-2) and Emy Aplund from Coastal Georgia 6-0, 6-0.

More articles »

More media »