Auburn softball head coach Clint Myers to retire

Auburn's Clint Myers will retire, effective immediately.

Myers came to Auburn after capturing a pair of Women's College World Series titles at Arizona State (2008, 2011.) In 2015 and 2016, Myers led Auburn to back-to-back SEC titles, as well as back-to-back WCWS appearances. Myers ends his career on The Plains with a record of 205-54-1. 

"After 40 years of coaching and reflecting on the importance of spending quality time with my wife, my children, and my grandchildren, I have decided to retire from a sport that I love dearly and which has brought so much joy to me,” Myers said. "I have had the chance to coach many great student-athletes. I have seen them grow to be outstanding contributors to society.

"My time in coaching has been a source of great pride. I appreciate the opportunity to coach at Auburn and am proud of our successes. I know the program has a bright future. 

"The community and group of fans have been incredible and I have truly appreciated their support. Auburn is a special place."

"I am very proud of the many great accomplishments our student-athletes have achieved during Coach Myers tenure at Auburn,” Auburn Athletic Director Jay Jacobs said. "The foundation for ongoing success is here because of Coach Myers love of Auburn and his desire to see this program reach a level of success that it had never seen before.

"Looking forward, we will continue to support our softball team in every way possible so as to ensure their continued success on and off the field of play."

As mentioned by Jacobs, the Tigers will begin the head coaching search immediately. 

Share and discuss “Auburn softball head coach Clint Myers to retire” on social media.