Meet the 15 candidates for Liberal Arts senator, schools council

Eight candidates are running for Liberal Arts senator, three for president and four for vice president

College of Liberal Arts senator

D'Angelo Baker — Senator

CLAdiators Ticket — Junior in political science

"War Eagle, we the CLAdiator party are seeking the positions of Senator, President, and Vice President of the College of Liberal Arts in the 2018 SGA elections. We aspire to bring change and improvements to the College of Liberal Arts, for the student body, by providing visibility, transparency, and a voice. We want to fight for our fellow students, and we want to listen to your concerns about the College of Liberal Arts and to devise tangible solutions to them. Our platform addresses issues of sexual assault and rape culture, and we want to implement proactive programs to combat these issues. Cast your votes for us if you a ready for a positive change in the College of Liberal Arts that will affect Auburn today and in the future!"

Hamilton Wasnick — Senator

CLAdiators Ticket — Junior in history

Hope Ward — Senator

Tichenor? I Hardly Know Her Ticket — Sophomore in public relations

"It would be and honor to be able to make a connection to the student body at Auburn and the College of Liberal Arts using my skills in communication, commitment, and responsibility. I truly believe strengthening this connection is one significant way to serve Auburn, and I am qualified to assist in this process due to my ability to relay information effectively and work well with others. If I were to be elected, I would work relentlessly to bring clear information to both parties." 

Jon Connor Davis — Senator

Tichenor? I Hardly Know Her Ticket — Sophomore in political science

"My love for this university and a passion for politics has encouraged me to run for this position. I am running on the ticket, “Tichenor? I Hardly Know Her”, and if you would like to learn more about our goals for the upcoming year, catch us on the concourse during the campaign. Some of those goals include scantron machines in more CLA buildings, improved teacher-student relationships, and development of more campus leaders. I hope you consider me for this position as I would be honored to serve my fellow students!"

Jordan Kramer — Senator

Sophomore in political science

"As the incumbent Liberal Arts Senator serving on the Inclusion and Diversity Committee, I can attest to the many things we have accomplished for CLA in the past year. We have renovated bathrooms, added new seating in the Haley Center, worked with OID to host the Critical Conversations Speaker Series, held CLA student organization roundtables, and piloted the Auburn University Internship Housing Initiative – along with many other initiatives and bills to promote mental health, combat campus violence, and foster equality. However, my proudest legislative accomplishment is definitely the student ticketing referendum that I sponsored and we passed last week, which allows students to vote on how postseason football tickets are distributed next year. This next year, I would like to continue improving CLA facilities, expand the internship housing initiative to cities beyond Washington, make dining dollars roll over year to year, instead of expiring at the end of the summer, and work with OID to recruit and retain minority students to the Auburn family. I have genuinely enjoyed serving in this role for the past year, helping CLA students in big and small ways, and that is why I hope you will keep Kramer on February 6."

Pierce Merry — Senator

Tichenor? I Hardly Know Her Ticket

Pierce Merry did not respond to requests for comment.

Riley Hambrick — Senator

Sophomore in political science

Establishing a well-connected community within Auburn University's College of Liberal Arts will always be my goal. Strengthening this is my current goal. When elected, I will make this commitment possible through:
  • Committing to hear your voice
  • Acting on your concerns
  • Improving classroom and studying environments
  • Advocating for updated facilities, like All-In members accomplished in 2017
  • Encouraging improvements among advisor-student interactions
  • Working towards professional mentorships in CLA subject areas
I will listen. I have listened. My goal is community and my focus is Auburn's students. I would love to have your vote for College of Liberal Arts SGA Senator.

Ken Ward — Senator

Ken Ward did not respond to requests for comment.

College of Liberal Arts schools council

Andrew Thompson — President

Tichenor? I Hardly Know Her Ticket — Junior in communications

"I would be honored to use my abilities as a leader and communicator to serve the College of Liberal Arts. I firmly believe that improved relations between the student body of our college and the administration would be a mutually beneficial thing for both parties. I also believe that I am particularly equipped to spear-head such efforts with the help of other qualified and hard-working individuals. Were I to be elected, I would work tirelessly to ensure that our college is the best it can be."

Brandon Burgess — President

CLAdiators Ticket — Junior in political science

Samantha Lejune — President

Samantha Lejune did not respond to requests for comment.

Isabelle Sager — Vice President

CLAdiators Ticket — Sophomore in sociology

Kendra McGuire — Vice President

Kendra McGuire did not respond to requests for comment.

Keshia Power — Vice President

Keshia Power did not respond to requests for comment.

Roxie Faulkner — Vice President

Tichenor? I Hardly Know Her Ticket — Junior in psychology

"The College of Liberal Arts has contributed so much to my education along with preparation for my future endeavors. During my time spent here, I have discovered how much I enjoy serving this university and giving back to Auburn in any way I can through various organizations and service programs. I believe serving in this position would be an incredible opportunity to not only serve the university, but my fellow classmates more intentionally. If I were to be elected, I would dedicate myself toward being the best communicator between the student body and administration that I could be in order to leave the College of Liberal Arts better than when I entered it."

Share and discuss “Meet the 15 candidates for Liberal Arts senator, schools council” on social media.