Meet the candidates for graduate school senator and schools council

There are four students running for graduate school senator and schools council

Graduate school senators

Max Zinner

The SGA Senate has only one graduate representative making it vital to elect someone who has the experience necessary to dive into the job immediately. I have spent the past year as one of the strongest voices within the student senate. If reelected, I will listen to all graduate students and propose legislation inspired by principles of transparency and equality. I also promise to oppose excessive regulation, something that is all too common in student life today. Finally, I pledge to protect individual rights and academic freedom and will vote against any bill that interferes with these fundamental values.

Graduate School Schools Council

Elizabeth Devore — President

Elizabeth Devore did not respond to requests for comment.

Tenchi Smith — President

"'Elevate Together with Tenchi' Fellow graduate students, I would make a great candidate for the GSC President because I have accumulated deep understanding of the needs and concerns of the diverse and intelligent graduate student body over the past two years as I served in this position. Now, if you will allow me, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to continue to serve you, to be the messenger between you and the Graduate School and the University, to address your needs and concerns, to support your academic and personal growth, and to elevate the graduate student experience together with you. Together, let's Elevate!"

Katherine Cler — Vice President

Katherine Cler did not respond to requests for comment.

This article previously misstated Katherine Cler's platform. She did not respond to requests for comment, thus a platform is not listed.

Share and discuss “Meet the candidates for graduate school senator and schools council” on social media.