How the 12 Auburn graduates competing in the primary runoff elections fared on Tuesday

Here are the the results of the Alabama Republican and Democratic primary runoff races with Auburn alumni.

With two primary runoff races between Auburn grads, a total of 12 Auburn graduates were vying for positions throughout Alabama in Tuesday’s primary runoff elections.

These are the results of the elections, according to the Alabama Secretary of State.

Lieutenant Governor

Will Ainsworth, Auburn graduate and state house representative for district 27, has won the Republican runoff for lieutenant governor against Twinkle Cavanaugh. Ainsworth will face Will Boyd in the Alabama lieutenant governor race Nov. 6.

Ainsworth won 51.4 percent of the vote, Cavanaugh, another Auburn graduate, conceded shortly after 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, al.com reported.

Agriculture Commissioner

In the race for agriculture commissioner, Rick Pate, Auburn graduate and owner and operator of Pate Landscape, received 56.6 percent of the vote to win the race.

Pate defeated Sen. Gerald Dial, Auburn graduate and current state senator who represents parts of Lee County, in the Republican primary runoff.

There is no democratic nominee for agriculture commissioner for the election in the Nov. 6, election.

State Board of Education

Auburn City School Board President and 1991 Auburn graduate Tracie West won the Republican nomination for state school board district 2 position.

West will face the Democratic nominee Adam Jortner, a history professor at Auburn University, in the general election on Nov. 6.

West has served on the Auburn City School Board for the past nine years, which includes the last two years as president of the board, according to her campaign website.

West received 50.7 percent of the vote in the race against Melanie Hill, a Dothan City School Board member from 2013-2015.

Attorney General

Incumbent Steve Marshall won the race for the Republican nomination for attorney general. He earned 61.5 percent of the vote to defeat Tory King, Alabama’s attorney general from 2004-2011.

Marshall was sworn in as Alabama’s attorney general in February 2017 after previous Attorney General Luther Strange left the seat vacant when he was appointed to the U.S. Senate.

Marshall will face Joseph Siegelman in the general election on Nov. 6.

The Remaining Primary Races with Auburn Grads

Mobile County Circuit Judge Sarah Hicks Stewart defeated Brad Mendheim, Auburn graduate and gubernatorial appointee, for the place 1 seat on the Alabama Supreme Court.

State Sen. Larry Stutts, an Auburn graduate, received 53.3 percent of the vote to defeat banker Steve Lolley in the Republican primary for State Senate District 6 which includes Colbert, Franklin, Lauderdale, Lawrence and Marion counties.

Auburn graduate Mike Sparks was defeated by Opelika farmer Randy Price in the Republican primary for State Senate for district 13, which includes Chambers, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, Lee and Randolph counties.

Dentist and Auburn graduate David Northcutt lost the Republican primary race for State Senate District 32 to Baldwin County Commissioner Chris Elliot.

B. Craig Lipscomb, Auburn graduate and architect, won the Republican primary race against Ashville Mayor Robert McKay for State House Representative for district 30, which includes Etowah and St. Clair counties.

Auburn graduate and Opelika resident Todd Rauch was narrowly defeated by Chambers County Commissioner Debbie Wood in the Republican primary for the State House of Representatives district 38 seat.

Malcolm Calhoun, who received his master's degree in marketing from Auburn, lost the Democratic primary runoff for the State House of Representatives district 77 seat to Tashina Morris, the director of the nonprofit organization TS Morris Youth Intervention.

Share and discuss “How the 12 Auburn graduates competing in the primary runoff elections fared on Tuesday” on social media.