Spending Summer in Auburn Worth It

Ah, sweet summertime on The Plains.

Though many students prefer to get out of Auburn for the summer, I am not one of them.

In fact, I've stayed in Auburn every summer since I've been enrolled here.

Yes, it's empty and there is not as much going on as during the fall and spring semesters.

However, there are many things one can take advantage of by spending a summer in Auburn.

Not that Auburn has a plethora of traffic anyway (except on football game days), but there is significantly less traffic during the summer months.

You are guaranteed a parking spot on campus no matter what time of day you have class.

No more driving aimlessly around C-Zone praying to God, or whichever deity you choose, that someone leaves within the next three minutes so you can make it to class on time.

You are also guaranteed to find a guest spot at any of the various apartment complexes.

Say a temporary good-bye to parking a mile way or risking the wrath of a tow truck.

Summer classes at Auburn are shorter and generally smaller. I'd even go as far as to say they are easier.

With a three-month summer semester and two mini-semesters, the University offers students plenty of opportunities to get ahead in their academic careers.

Not that I would recommend doing this, but if a student were to take a full course load during both mini-semesters, they could graduate way ahead of schedule.

Enough about classes though. No summer should be all work and no play.

There are plenty of opportunities for afternoon fun in the sun.

Various pools at apartment complexes across the city offer locations to work on your tan and take a dip in the water.

For those wanting to take a dip in a larger body of water, or those simply wanting to reenact the "I'm On a Boat" music video, Lake Martin is a mere half-hour drive away.

The stores generally remain fully stocked all summer long.

No more leaving Wal-Mart empty-handed because they were out of your favorite brand of laundry detergent.

Finally, once summer is over, it's time for football season once again.

What could be better than that?

Share and discuss “Spending Summer in Auburn Worth It” on social media.