UPC Announces Fall Events

As fall rolls onto the plains, the University Program Council's lineup is sure to have something for every student.

Sunday, Aug. 16, the UPC will host the first of the outdoor movies, "I Love You Man," on Cater Lawn.

UPC's Speakers and Comedians council will bring Daniel Tosh, comedian and star of Comedy Central's "Tosh.0," to the Student Act on Sept. 3, while Sept. 18 will see the first of the semester's Tiger Nights.

Thomas Edington, assistant director of the Tiger Night's council, is particularly excited about the first "Tiger Mania" event on Sept. 29 at Cater Lawn.

"It's going to be a luau themed event with all kinds of food and inflatables," Edington said. "We've been throwing ideas around for awhile now. We've been looking into getting a rap group and when it comes to things like that you have to work six months in advance. It's definitely time consuming, but it is well worth it when it all comes together and you see everyone having a good time."

The fall will also feature free movies in room 2370 of Haley Center, many of which will be between theatrical and home video release.

"The free movies are definitely my favorite thing UPC does," said Tye Springer, a sophomore in nursing. "Getting to see big movies like "The Hangover" (Oct. 6 at 7 p.m.) and "Public Enemies" (Nov. 3 at 7 p.m.) are a great study break. The fact that something in Auburn is actually free is a nice perk too."

A variety of workshops ranging in subjects from vegetarian cooking on Aug. 27 to water aerobics on September 3rd will also be available, as will a Battle of the Bands on Cater Lawn on Sept. 11 and an Open Mic Night on Oct. 21 which will give students a chance to show off their talents.

Share and discuss “UPC Announces Fall Events” on social media.