Sex Sells, So Let It Do Its Job

People have sex.

It doesn't matter what your beliefs, practices or daily routines consist of, individuals engage in intercourse.

It is part of human nature.

Now, some people like to spice it up with outside objects from the bedroom.

In Alabama, some people see this is a crime.

Maybe not the practice, but the selling of such goods seems to turn into one law suit after another.

Alabama does have an agreeable anti-obscenity law banning adult-only entertainment near churches and child care centers. They have to be outisde of 1,000 feet of these centers.

I do believe those are suitable grounds. Little Sally Walker doesn't need to leave daycare everyday asking mommy what Entice means and why there are handcuffs looped around the 't.'

Just last year, Hoover Love Stuff owner filed an appeal with the Alabama Supreme Court saying the state's law was unconstitusional.

Over a year later, the court ruled against Love Stuff saying they failed to show the law banning the sale of sexual aides was unconstitutional.

They have been fighting since 2005 with their three locations in the state.

Now, there is a Love Stuff in Auburn.

Yes, it was slightly snuck in as a women's clothing store, but the way people are dressing these days, I'm sure some of those costumes could pass as everyday clothing.

Lil' Kim wore a shell to the VMA's on national television. Love Stuff has to have more conservative clothing than that.

Now that it is out in the open that there are other goodies besides T-shirts and belts tucked away in the back, it has become quite the scandal in the Lee County gossip.

Gene Dulaney said, "We don't need that kind of business in Auburn. I wouldn't vote for a conditional use for this type of business anywhere in Auburn"

It's a sex store!

People sneak in and out to find devices for personal use.

But, purchases must be made for "a bona fide medical, scientific, educational, legislative, judicial or law enforcement purpose," according to the state law.

I don't really know how the law enforcement would explain buying some 'aide' from behind the curtains in the back, but if the Alabama law says so, it must be right.

Possibly the handcuffs and nightsticks? But I hope the state of Alabama has already given those out.

There have been comments made that investigations are being made about the legality of this store.

Who cares?

Again, it is a sex store.

Shouldn't efforts be focused on higher priority tasks on the city's agenda?

It took them how long to put readable signs in the ground?

Leave Love Stuff alone. Let it prosper in the conservative, but college town.

If anything, there is money to be made and a place of employment.

Georgia and Texas are the only other states that have laws on the selling of sex toys.

It's time to catch up with the rest of the states and move on from this outdated issue.

Let's focus on more important problems with the state and leave the bedroom time out of the government's agenda.

Share and discuss “Sex Sells, So Let It Do Its Job” on social media.