Fly Over, Big Plays Lead to Win

Everything was in place for an Auburn football victory Saturday.

The Tigers were well rested after a debilitating loss to LSU and were hungry for a win.

The fans were ready for the Navy Nightmare (even if some of their Halloween costumes weren't blue).

The band was pumped up, trying to make the most noise people can at 11:21 a.m.

Aubie and the cheerleaders were rallying the students.

Then, there was a fly over.

It was the first fly over since Iron Bowl 2007, a game in which Auburn defeated Alabama for the sixth time in a row.

There was no way Auburn could have lost to Ole Miss on a day that started with all those elements.

The Tigers didn't disappoint either. The opening kickoff ended when redshirt freshman Chris Humphries leveled Rebel return man Jesse Grandy and caused a fumble.

The "ooh" the crowd let out was louder than the two fighter jets that flew over just minutes before.

Ole Miss was able to recover the fumble and drive down the field for a touchdown, but the Tigers still had the momentum from Humphries' slobber-knocker.

Auburn was able to recover from the Rebel touchdown and score 31 unanswered points.

The 31-point run included 23 points in the third quarter alone.

The third quarter scoring bonanza started with a touchdown reception by senior tight end Tommy Trott.

When junior wide receiver Kodi Burns came in to play quarterback in the red zone and pulled back to pass, there was no way it wasn't going to be a touchdown pass to a tight end in the back left corner of the endzone.

Senior cornerback Walter McFadden got in on the scoring action by intercepting a pass that deflected off a Rebel receiver.

The interception return for a touchdown made the top 10 plays on Sportscenter.

Auburn continued to have luck on the defensive side of the ball when it returned a failed extra point attempt for two points.

With all the good that came with Saturday's victory, the referees still missed some key calls.

Ole Miss had the ball on a third and 17 in the second quarter.

The left guard jumped before the snap and there was a blatent hold on the receiver blocking downfield.

Ole Miss quarterback Jevan Snead ran the ball for 20 yards and the first down.

The Rebels failed to score on the drive, but the Tigers could've capitalized on the good field position instead of taking a knee going into the half.

Share and discuss “Fly Over, Big Plays Lead to Win” on social media.