Students show off their skills with intramurals

Basketball enthusiasts of all skill levels formed teams for the 2010 intramural season to take part in friendly competition and fun.

"We just have a group

of friends who like to play ball together and it's fun to get out here and have the rules enforced with the referees and such," said senior Zach McKinnon of Mighty Whitey II.

Mighty Whitey II, the 2009 men's basketball intramural champions, played The Church of Fratterday Saints Tuesday, but the game was called early in the second half due to the 30-point mercy rule.

After the Saints left, a couple of Auburn Football players, including sophomores Darvin Adams, Eric Smith and freshmen Philip Pierre-Louis and Tyrik Rollison took to the court to play Mighty Whitey II. "We just wanted to go in there and see what those guys have got," Adams said. Women's basketball senior center KeKe Carrier was also there with some teammates to support "the student body" and Mighty

Whitey II. On another court, Blood

Bath and Beyond took on Sigma Pi, winning 56-44.

At halftime BBB was only up 28-25.

"Clay (Taylor) had a good pep talk. (At halftime) he told us, 'We can't lose to these kids, they smell bad,"' said sophomore BBB team member David Scott.

Sophomore Kyle McCabe said BBB has been training for months at high elevations to prepare for this advanced level of competition.

"I do it for the ladies, mainly," McCabe said. "All of them came for me. "

Intramural basketball games will continue tonight at 6:30 p.m.

Share and discuss “Students show off their skills with intramurals” on social media.