Board of Trustees Change Tuition Prices

The University adopted a new plan today which will help students save money and ensure they graduate on time, according to a news release. The release said students will be allowed to take more than 12 hours of coursework during the fall and spring semesters, and even take classes part-time during summers, at lower prices.

The new tuition arrangement will be in effect beginning this summer. The release said tuition for full-time in-state undergraduate students will be $3,950 per semester, as long as the students take more than 12 hours.

Individual undergraduate courses will be $292 for in-state students and $876 for non-residents. Graduate-level courses may be taken for $389 each for in-state students and $1,167 for non-residents.

Additional credit hour fees have been eliminated for undergraduate and graduate courses.

Registration, Auburn Abroad and graduation fees will be $446 for all students.

Sarah B. Newton, president pro-tempore of the Auburn Board, said in the release that this new policy will help students and their families have one less thing to worry about during these economic times. Newton said the Board wants students to be able to take the classes they need in order to graduate while reducing the cost.

According to the release, Auburn's Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Don Large estimated this program will help in-state students save at least $10,000 by making it easier for them to get the required amount of credits in a timely manner.

Share and discuss “Board of Trustees Change Tuition Prices” on social media.