SGA Senators Approve Election Of New Officials

The SGA's Senate appointed 10 new officials at its meeting Monday. Appointments included that of Carter Michelle Leach as chief of staff and Bradley Cink as executive vice president. President Kurt Sasser requested volunteers for Auburn's safety campaign which will begin April 5 at Toomer's Corner at 11 a.m. This will be a weeklong campaign. Police officers will be giving out fake tickets to individuals as a way to promote pedestrian safety. The Collegiate Housing and Infrastructure Act was amended. For students who are involved in campus organizations, any money donated to the organization will now be tax deductible. It is hoped that this will encourage donations, leading to safer housing.

Boards and Committees and Verizon Brand Ambassador applications will be out soon. Cabinet applications are due Thursday at noon. Senate members were reminded to do their office hours and sign in at the SGA office. During the invocation, the Senate was introduced to the Johari Window. The window is used in psychology to explain how different groups interact with one another. The four quadrants are the arena, blindspot, hidden self and unknown self. The arena is what you and other people know about you.

The blindspot is what you don't know, but what other people see in you. The hidden self is the deepest secrets no one knows about you. The unknown self is what both you and other people don't see in you, such as an underestimated ability. Senators were instructed to try to focus on minimizing their blindspot and opening up their arena. The SGA-sponsored Honors Week will begin April 12. The Honors Ceremony in the AU Student Center ballroom will begin at 5 p.m. Honors callouts will be April 15 at 9 p.m. on Cater lawn. The Auburn University Dance Marathon will begin at 8 p.m. April 17.

Share and discuss “SGA Senators Approve Election Of New Officials” on social media.