Enjoy every day, time flies fast

MAXWELL
MAXWELL

I wish I'd known as a freshman what I know now.

I've always been introverted. I can be my fun, silly self when I'm comfortable with people, but until I reach that point, I keep to myself.

I wanted to relax my first few months. I thought I needed time to adjust to college life and didn't want to put too much on my plate.

I applied to get in a couple of organizations, but didn't make the cut. So I gave up and stopped looking for ways to get involved.

In some ways, that was a good thing. I believe everything happens for a reason, and I ended up where I needed to be. But I could have gotten there faster with more effort.

By volunteering for The Plainsman, I found something I had fun doing and made great friends along the way.

I also found a major that I love. That never would have happened if I didn't make the decision to go outside of my comfort zone.

I don't want others to make the same mistake I did by waiting so long to get involved.

O-Days was held last week, so as you could probably tell, there are numerous campus organizations.

Join one that is relevant to your major, or join something just for the fun of it. Not only will it give you the opportunity to make friends, but it will also look great on a resume.

I also suggest studying hard and making the best grades you can your first year of college.

For many people, there's at least one class in college that just kills your GPA. It's a lot easier to recover from it if you have a strong GPA to begin with.

It's important to develop strong study skills as a freshman. A lot of it has to do with time management.

As hard as it can be to motivate yourself to study a little each day, it makes it a lot less stressful when tests roll around.

Don't be worried if you don't know exactly what you want to do with your life.

I would have loved to be one of those people who always knew they were destined for a certain career. But it's OK to be a little confused right now.

College is about discovering yourself, so it's fine to keep your options open and be open to new possibilities. Somehow it all works out as it's meant to.

And, finally, remember it's OK to have fun. While grades are important, it would be a shame to look back on your college years and not have fond memories of your time at Auburn.

Take it from someone who has pushed through to earn her undergraduate degree in three years.

Time goes by fast.

Try to enjoy every moment while you're here at Auburn.

Go to football games. Go to UPC events. Take advantage of all the fun events the school and com munity have to offer.

Share and discuss “Enjoy every day, time flies fast” on social media.