Chizik talks Tiger showdown at weekly press conference

Coach Gene Chizik talked strategy about the upcoming LSU game at his weekly press conference Tuesday morning.

"This is one of those games that as a college athlete you love playing," Chizik said. "So it should be a lot of fun."

Chizik addressed concerns about the team's mounting injuries and not having an off week.

"I think there is a heightened awareness at this point in the season without a week off when you're not a deep football team that any injury affects your performance," Chizik said. "That's something we are aware of."

Chizik also discussed his team's habit of getting into close-scoring games.

"I love it for our players and our fans," Chizik said. "Obviously, this is my job and you have to love this kind of scenario. I have been blessed with a lot of big games and you have to continue to do what you did to get you there."

Looking forward, Chizik talked about Auburn's defense against LSU.

"We haven't always played great defensively through the course of the game beginning to end," Chizik said. "It's hard to do that. We know we have to play better on defense, there's no secret to that. However, I'm very proud of them for the way they keep responding."

Going into this week's game, Chizik said he feels this year's LSU team is as talented and powerful as last year's.

"That team that took it to us in Baton Rouge last year is the same team," Chizik said. "If we're going to have any chance of winning Saturday, we just can't keep doing what we're doing, that's all."

Share and discuss “Chizik talks Tiger showdown at weekly press conference” on social media.