45 things to do besides Auburn football

For those of you who find yourselves hopelessly lost without Auburn football, fear not! Consider the weekend off a vacation for your vocal cords and your liver.

Granted, you can still do everything you usually do, but I've suggested a number of things to take your mind off the longing. I can't guarantee they'll mend that broken heart of yours, but they'll definitely help the time pass.

Before you know it, the Tigers will be back on the field and everything will be right with the world.

1. Clean your room. Let's be honest, I'm sure there are a few beer cans and wrappers you can pick up off your floor. And when's the last time you checked underneath that bed? Just do it, especially before Thanksgiving break.

2. Pay a visit, or two or three, to the porcelain throne. You'll need to at some point. Just don't forget a magazine and a match.

3. Make your parents happy. Visit them. Why not? Take your heaping bag of dirty laundry and get on it. Parents love spending time with their college students, and in return they feed you and give you money.

4. Road trip! Take advantage of the weekend by visiting friends at another school. Make a vacation out of it. UGA is a popular choice, yes, but what about Ole Miss or Florida? Visit a campus you haven't seen before.

5. Watch that beard grow! If you're participating in "No-Shave November," congrats, how unique of you. Could you imagine if girls participated? Yikes.

6. Do your laundry. It sucks, but you might as well. Just be thankful you don't have that post-game outfit to wash this time. Only God knows what you get into on gameday.

7. Watch other Auburn sports. Auburn volleyball, equestrian, basketball, golf and swimming/diving are all active, so get involved and support your Tigers a different way.

8. Bars. Like I really have to suggest that. Well, do I? Friday and Saturday nights offer booze, bands and dancing. Your move.

9. Detail your ride. It should take you a couple hours if you do a decent job. I like to hand-wax mine to bring out the shine.

10. Go to the gym. A healthy Tiger is a happy Tiger.

11. Watch another college game. It'd be ridiculous to assume that the Tigers are the only team you watch. Plenty of SEC games will be on--just remember who the real team is.

12. Barbecue anyway. Although it's getting a little chilly outside, your grill won't have any problem warming up. Grill yourself up a few Bubba's or kielbasas, and just pretend it's gameday.

13. Go see a movie. 'Tis the season for new releases. Check out what the local theater has playing and treat yourself.

14. Update your iPod. I'm sure the ol' gadget could use it. Load up on the newest tunes to create the soundtrack you'll jam out to next weekend.

15. Sift through your wardrobe and donate a few things to the Salvation Army. Serious moment: Tigers should be supportive of their community. Finding a few things you don't need or wear will declutter your closet and keep someone warm when temperatures really start dropping.

16. Take down those Halloween decorations. Unless you're one of those people who wait until Turkey Day. Don't be.

17. Go on a date. If you're a football freak, chances are you don't utilize Fridays or Saturdays for romance. Take your significant other out and remind them they're important, too.

18. Build a new pong table. Decorate it. Use it. Love it.

19. Call your grandma. I know she always calls at the worst times, but now your schedule is open to return all five of her missed calls. Let's hope you aren't too late.

20. Roll Toomer's Corner, just for the hell of it. Thanks to a certain someone (see A9), we don't know how much longer they'll be around. Enjoy them while you still can and keep the Tiger spirit alive.

21. There's still Sunday for pigskin. I agree there's nothing like college football, but man, pro-league games can be pretty entertaining, too. And there's a whole day of 'em, which gives you an excuse to glue your rear to that couch of yours.

22. Sleep in. Instead of waking up at dawn to set up your tailgate, catch a few more z's. Couldn't hurt.

23. Go camping. Before you think, 'No way,' just consider it. Build a fire, roast a few marshmallows and chug a few brews while you hang out with your friends. Trust me, it's fun.

24. Grab a lemonade. When's the last time you had one of Toomer's best? You'll beat the lines this time.

25. Prep your fantasy league(s). Use your Saturday to improve your lineup, but be smart about it.

26. Take a nap. Whenever you want!

27. Make your Thanksgiving holiday vacation plans. Don't wait until the last minute. Figure out what you're doing so you can enjoy the next two weeks.

28. Homework. We all have it. Get a head start and leave Sunday for laziness and relaxation.

29. Get a job. Who can say no to extra cash? Just remind them you can't work the next three Saturdays. I'm sure you'll get hired.

30. Walk your dog. Even if you're one of those people who brings Sparky to the tailgate every Saturday, he still needs attention. It'll get both of you active in the process.

31. Get a tattoo. You've always wanted one, so now's the time. Suck it up and stop being a sissy. Everyone's doing it.

32. Go to a concert. Atlanta always has something going on. Look at upcoming events, or score those Mac Miller tickets you've been wanting for weeks.

33. Make up your own Auburn cheer. If you're that bored, why not? You can even choreograph a dance to go with it and make people really jealous.

34. Try a new recipe. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, there's a good chance you could have to make something edible. So be creative and surprise your family with a one-of-a-kind side, dessert or cocktail.

35. Rearrange your space. Change is good. Spruce up your living space by moving around your bigger pieces of furniture.

36. Start your Christmas shopping. Believe it or not, people have already caught the holiday fever. Get the better gifts and save money through layaway. You won't be sorry.

37. Go Squatch hunting. Watch the "Finding Bigfoot" series on Animal Planet and tell me you aren't tempted.

38. Volunteer. Helping out at a local shelter or food bank will not only help your resume, but the people and animals who could really use the extra attention.

39. Play a game. There's no rule stating you can't play football yourself. Get your buddies together and kick up some dirt.

40. Catch up on your favorite TV series. It can be difficult with classes and homework, but indulge this weekend. There's a reason they invented TiVo.

41. Play video games. What better way to relieve your frustration than to play Halo or Madden for hours on end?

42. Go bowling. The local alley usually has weekend specials on games and shoe rentals for students, making it a fun and cheap outing. Did I mention they sell beer?

43. Go to the lake. There's a couple nearby, so take your pick. It might be too chilly to swim, but fishing and boating still sound good.

44. Pull a prank. Practical jokes are always entertaining, and so are prank phone calls. Take your pick and burn somebody, preferably one who deserves it.

45. Apply for The Plainsman. I'll need a replacement for next year.

Share and discuss “45 things to do besides Auburn football” on social media.