Auburn softball falls to Alabama Tuesday in doubleheader

The No. 24 Tigers fell to 24-11 on the year and 3-7 in conference play.

Auburn lost to Alabama 4-2 in Tuesday's game. The No. 23 Auburn softball team kicked off their double-header against No. 1 Alabama at 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Jane B. Moore Field, with an estimated fan attendance of 1,822.

Alabama was first to bat, and was able to score two points in the first inning off of Cassie Reilly-Boccia's home-run hit. Auburn was unable to score during the first inning, but it didn't stop their drive.

Auburn was able to get on the scoreboard in the second inning, with a hit from Baylee Stephens, which allowed for a run made by Caitlin Schultze.

Alabama was able to score two more points before the end of the game, but Auburn didn't go down without a fight.

A home-run hit was made at the bottom of the seventh inning by Hilary Mavromat allowing for one more run made by Auburn. Alabama won the first game leaving the final score at 4-2.

The Tigers fell short against the Alabama Crimson Tide Tuesday night, losing 5-2 in game two of the doubleheader.

Alabama sophomore pitcher Jackie Traina dominated in her second complete game of the day. Traina allowed only four hits, two earned runs and struck out nine batters in seven innings.

"You have to give Jackie Traina a lot of credit," said Auburn head coach Tina Deese. "We were able to generate a little bit of offense against her, but we could never string anything together."

The Tigers travel to Oxford for a series against the Ole Miss Rebels Friday. First pitch is set for 6 p.m.

Share and discuss “Auburn softball falls to Alabama Tuesday in doubleheader” on social media.