Trayvon Martin another bandwagon

Have you heard about this kid Trayvon Martin?

It's become the newest non-sports bandwagon in America. That's right, bandwagons aren't just for sports--or Tim Tebow, for that matter.

The Martin case, along with other cases in the past, has shown the ignorance of Americans.

Yes, George Zimmerman shot and killed the 17 year old. Was it self-defense? A witness, meaning someone who watched the incident take place, says it was.

That's irrelevant. America watched the news, and America decided Zimmerman killed Martin for what? Just to do it?

That's justice.

Is anyone aware Martin was suspended from school at the time of his death? Not for anything small, but for marijuana residue found in his backpack.

His mother's response is everyone is trying to ruin her son's reputation. Ironically, she's doing the same thing to Zimmerman.

America's moral conscience is a monster.

Is the race card being played with the killing of Martin? Absolutely.

Why else would people get so defensive about the term "racist" even in a casual conversation?

It's not just society's fault. It all starts with the way the media reports it. It needs to be done carefully. Instead, the details are thrown out before all the information is out. And now, Zimmerman will be guilty forever.

At least, he will be guilty in the eyes' of the public. You know, the public that has never done anything wrong. We're American, we do no wrong. We are perfect.

The bandwagon before Martin was Joseph Kony.

Thank God that's over.

Whoever decided we needed to make the Leader of the Lord's Resistance Army known country-wide is an idiot.

The LRA came into existence in 1988. Twenty-four years later, let's start talking about it.

And who exactly was supposed to do learn about Kony and do something to stop him?

I'm 100 percent sure the government has known about it for years. President Obama has had his slip ups over the last four years, but this certainly isn't one of them.

What about the general population? If so, what are we supposed to do about it? Delta doesn't fly to Congo ... or does it?

More locally, Auburn has its moral issue with smoking.

There's nothing wrong with getting plastered on a Monday afternoon, but as soon as a cigarette is lit, the talk begins.

You've heard that girl in the bar: "Ewww. Are you smoking?"

Remember, she's blackout drunk.

Standards are so high in this country that they cannot be achieved. At the same time, everyone is going to at least pretend like they care about everything and everyone--except Tuscaloosa.

Why worry about Martin when in the last two weeks an Auburn High and Opelika High student have been killed? That's not in Florida. That's right here.

In the SEC, Mississippi State had a shooting on its campus over the weekend.

But no one wants to talk about those incidents.

Just continue looking around to make sure everyone sees you wearing your hoodie to support a family who is trying to turn America against a possibly innocent man, and everything will be fine.

Share and discuss “Trayvon Martin another bandwagon” on social media.