Auburn's very own Tweet-elite

Anonymous University Twitter accounts have become increasingly popular throughout the past couple years at various schools around the country. The idea is usually to post witty, generalized references about basically any- thing and everything interesting to college students.

Auburn has a wide variety of anonymous accounts, ranging from classic Auburn woes from @Auburn_Problems, a spinoff of the popular "Bad Luck Brian" joke from @BadLuckBrianAU and even @bama_jokes. Every account is used as an outlet to post things that relate to the Auburn student body.

But who are the geniuses be- hind these accounts that continue to grow in popularity with every new retweet? We've talked to @Tiger_Makeout, and now it's time to talk to a few of the creators of some of the most popular Auburn anonymous Twitter accounts among Auburn students, @AuburnGirlProblems, @War_ Srat_Eagle and @AUGirlStruggles.

While every account has its own unique reason for when and why it started up, the general consensus is that these accounts allow the creators to say what everyone else is thinking, but not actually saying out loud.

For @War_Srat_Eagle, it's about tweeting things with a biting humor that may be too inappropriate to put their name on.

"Due to career aspirations, as well as my sorority's standards board, I was never able to tweet without a filter," @War_Srat_Ea- gle said. "But, of course, the funniest things I have to say are generally also the most inappropriate."

Which makes sense, because it's unlikely future employers will see the hilariousness of most of the @War_Srat_Eagle tweets, such as "Pretty bored lately. Thinking about picking up a coke habit."

Followers may laugh, but a potential boss who recently returned from rehab because of a cocaine addiction probably wouldn't find it as hilarious.

"You know when you have a class where you know absolutely no one?" @War_Srat_Eagle said. "And you think of some really funny commentary for what the teacher is saying or the stupid questions that one boy always asks? And you just want to share that hilarious quip with some, but you're not comfortable enough with any of the other students, but you just have to tell someone or you'll explode? War Srat is that kind of outlet for me."

That is what most anonymous accounts are used for, and while every Auburn student has a different reason for following them, the relevant, day-to-day material these tweets consist of keep all entertained.

@AUGirlStruggles uses its Twitter not only to vent and say what's on its mind, but also to relate to other students.

"Most of my Tweets or 'struggles' are relative to all Auburn students, like being harassed on the concourse or having lives threatened by rude bicyclists," @AUGirl- Struggles said. "Being relatable is key. Honestly, who wants to follow someone that they have nothing in common with? Not me."

@AuburnGirlProblems also has an incredible amount of followers, ranging up to more than 3,000.

"I think it's totally awesome that all these people find us interesting enough to be on their timelines,"@ AuburnGirlProblems said.

It's not easy to keep followers, but these accounts do it well and continue to grow on a daily basis.

"The best way to develop a fan base is by creating content people want to read," @War_Srat_Eagle said. "I aim to do so."

Every account owner also has their own personal Twitter account that is used interchangeably. @AUGirlStruggles said which Twitter account it uses depends on its mood.

"If I feel like being a diva or complaining, I usually go to my anon(ymous) account," @AUGirlStruggles said.\0x2028 Which makes sense, right? Because there is always that one chick from high school who fills up timelines with ridiculous sub- tweets, causing us all to mentally cringe while simultaneously giving each anonymous account new material to work with.

Take for instance, @AuburnGirlProblem's tweet that read, "There are some people who I am only friends with on Facebook so I can be reminded how amazing I am doing."

But with Tweets like these, angry feedback from negative onlookers seems almost inevitable.

"Every once in a while we'll get somebody that says something (negative), but we honestly don't care...after all, it's just the Inter- net," @AuburnGirlProblems said.

"I have on occasion received negative feedback," @War_Srat_ Eagle said. "One hundred percent of the time it's from someone who just simply did not get the joke. Sometimes people are unable to grasp the direction I am attempting to come from and they get their panties all in a wad."

While each account has had negative feedback, it is unlikely you will ever see them in trouble for targeting specific organizations on campus in their tweets.

"I don't target anyone specifically and I never have," @War_ Srat_Eagle said. "Why make people upset and hurt feelings when you can instead make them laugh? WSE has never been a plat- form for me to air my own person- al vendettas against specific people or groups."

@AuburnGirlProblems and @ AUGirlStruggles feel similarly, both pointing out they have never purposefully tried to call out or insult any fraternity, sorority or any other on-campus organization.

While these anonymous ac- counts aren't willing to reveal their identity, they did have a few messages for the student body.

"I love you Cam Newton and War Damn!" @AUGirlStruggles said.

"Trent Fisher....call me," @AuburnGirlProblems said.

"My Tigercard is pretty low on money, so if anyone wants to buy me taco truck I have a break MFW at noon!" @War_Srat_Eagle said.

Share and discuss “Auburn's very own Tweet-elite” on social media.