Baseball team conquers Kennesaw State

Auburn baseball capitalized off of hot bats against Kennesaw State Tuesday, March 12, as the Tigers defeated the Owls 8-3.
Strong pitching from Auburn pitcher Dillon Ortman kept the Kennesaw State batters from a comeback throughout the game, allowing six hits and one run in four innings pitched. Ortman recorded two strikeouts and no walks.
Ryan Tella grounded out to second early in the first inning for the Tigers' first score of the game, bringing in Dan Glevenyak from third.
Garrett Cooper scored in the second inning as Jackson Burgreen singled to right field. Immediately after, Kennesaw State pitcher hit Glevenyak with a pitch walking Damek Tomscha to home putting the Tigers up 3-0. Auburn ended the inning with an RBI by Tella scoring Jordan Ebert to lead 4-0.
In the third inning, Tomscha singled up the middle and Cullen Wacker scored from third. Then, Ebert flied out to center field as Cooper scored and Tomscha advanced to third. Glevenyak singled to the left side and Tomscha came into home to put the Tigers up 7-0.
Auburn continued their scoring as Tomscha grounded out to shortstop in the fourth and Patrick Savage scored. After four innings, the Tigers led 8-0.
Justin Camp closed the game for Auburn by allowing no runs, two hits and recording four strikeouts through four innings pitched.
The Tigers are now 13-3 on the season and will play Vanderbilt March 15, at Plainsman Park.

Share and discuss “Baseball team conquers Kennesaw State” on social media.