College of Business attacked by cyber hackers

The University announced the College of Business was cyber hacked by an unidentified hacker between Oct. 21- Nov. 20, 2013.
Approximately 14,000 individuals were affected by the hacking.
The University released a statement that said it believes the hacker may have gotten access to personal information, including social security numbers, of current and former students.
At this time, the University has no evidence to identify which personal information files were accessed.
According to the statement, when the University became aware of the seriousness of the security breach, it "hired an independent, third-party computer forensics expert to assist in identifying the full extent of data potentially exposed as a result of this incident."
The FBI has been notified and is also conducting investigations.
"The people potentially affected by it have received written correspondence," said Troy Johnson, director of communications and marketing for the College of Business.
Johnson also said the people affected by the hacking were mostly alumni, so if someone has not received a letter then they were not personally affected.
The University statement said it is "offering each person affected one free year of credit monitoring and identity theft protection services with Experian."

Share and discuss “College of Business attacked by cyber hackers” on social media.