Chewacla State Park provides summer activities

If you turn left off College Street past Interstate 85, you'll find yourself at Chewacla State Park.
For more than 100 years, Chewacla has been an Auburn attraction, and the summer is the park's busiest time of year.
Chewacla offers hiking trails, fishing, swimming areas, picnic areas and a campground for tent or RV camping over the park's 696 acres.
"Chewacla is an oasis of natural recreation and beauty experienced year round but summertime offers an escape from the daily concrete jungle into a outdoor paradise," said Amanda White, Chewacla resort employee,
The park's 26-acre lake offers a variety of water activities, which is the park's visited area, according to resort worker Trey Headrick.
For $5 per hour, park visitors can rent pedal boats and canoes.
"Chewacla is one of the only state parks that still has a high-dive, Headrick said. "Popular warm weather activities offered by Chewacla State Park include canoeing, pedal boat rentals, swimming and fishing,"
Because school is out of session, the park gains more adventure seekers than any other time during the year.
"Summer days in Chewacla State Park are the busiest time of year, second only to weekends during football season," Headrick said. "With longer days, beaming sunshine, and nature aplenty, Chewacla is the Auburn community's very own sylvan playground."
The park accomodates multiple leisurely water activities, and also offers hiking and biking trails.
"My favorite part of summer is being able to wander around Chewacla for hours," said frequent Chewacla visitor Fuller Tate. "There have been days where I spend six or seven hours hiking and exploring. It is the best way to find prime Eno spots."
For $25 a night, campers with RV's can enjoy air conditioning, water, sewage and satellite.
For $13 a night, tent campers can enjoy what Chewacla has to offer.

Share and discuss “Chewacla State Park provides summer activities” on social media.