Attorney General candidate Hubbard speaks to College Democrats

Joe Hubbard, Attorney General candidate, speaks to the Auburn University College Democrats. (Brian Stultz | Campus Writer)

Representative Joe Hubbard, who is running for Attorney General, spoke to the Auburn University College Democrats on Wednesday night, stating that it is time for a change in Montgomery.
"If we don't step up, nothing is going to change," Hubbard said. "The government will continue to be ran by the same old interests group and establishments."
Hubbard, 33, said the "good ole boys" continue to tell him he is too young to make a difference.
"I haven't listened to them," Hubbard said.
Elected to the House of Representatives in 2010 at the age of 29, Hubbard was the only Democrat in the state to unseat a Republican. He will try to defeat incumbent attorney general Luther Strange in the November elections.
"We need to decide that we want to see something different in Alabama and go out and make it happen," Hubbard said. "We need to identify the change we want to see happen."
Speaking of his opponent, Hubbard said Strange did not recognize the problems of the people of Alabama.
"My opponent is more worried about the headlines than how the laws affect the people of Alabama." Hubbard said. "The job of the attorney general is to protect Alabamians."
Reed Dudley, director of outreach for Hubbard's campaign, wants someone that puts people over politics.
"I want an attorney general that is committed to Alabama," Dudley said.
Hubbard also spoke of the divide that causes conflict within the government.
"Let's not focus on what divides us," Hubbard said. "Let's talk about what we all agree on. We have more things that bring us together than that divide us."

Share and discuss “Attorney General candidate Hubbard speaks to College Democrats” on social media.