Soccer earns first win of conference play, defeating No. 25 Missouri

(Why a pink logo? The Auburn Plainsman is going pink for the month of October in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.)

Auburn women's soccer finally got over the hump to win their first conference game as they beat Missouri 3-2 Friday night at the Auburn Soccer Complex.

There was not much action in the first half, as the game went to halftime scoreless.

But the second half was a completely different story right from the start.

In the 51st minute, Ellie Leek sent a ball across the box, which was finished by Kristen Dodson for her third goal this season.

The Tigers then doubled their lead 10 minutes later, as Tori Ball scored a spectacular goal from 40 yards out, floating it over the keeper who was too far off her line.

A flurry of goals followed, as Missouri and Auburn scored a combined three goals in the next four minutes. First was Missouri's Reagan Russell, who scored her sixth goal of the season.

Then, Auburn's Brooke Ramsier shot a free kick through the wall and into the side of the net for her third goal of the season.

But just two minutes later, Missouri's Savannah Trujillo answered for her third goal of the season, making it 3-2.

The Auburn defense was able to hold strong for the remainder of the match, giving Auburn their first win over a ranked opponent defeating No. 12 Texas A&M in 2012.

The win moves the Tigers to 7-4-3 overall and 1-2-3 in SEC play. Their next match is on the road, as they play in College Station, Texas on Friday against No. 10 Texas A&M.

Share and discuss “Soccer earns first win of conference play, defeating No. 25 Missouri” on social media.