New Auburn City Council takes oath of office

Newly elected council members of the Auburn City Council took their oath office for the 2014-2018 term on Monday, Nov. 3 at the Auburn City Council chambers.
After being sworn in, the new City Council elected Ron Anders as the new mayor pro tempore to serve as head of the council if Mayor Bill Ham is absent.
"We will face challenges and we will have opportunities to make this community even greater than it is," Ham said of the new council.
Newly sworn-in Councilman Clemon Byrd said he's glad to be serving for Ward 1 and brushed off the pending lawsuit challenging his residency brought by former Councilman Arthur Dowdell's brother Larry Taylor.
"I'm concerned about it, don't get me wrong," Byrd said. "I have good legal representation, and like I said I'm within the confines of the law and that's it."
Councilwoman Beth Witten said she is looking forward to learning the ropes as the new member from Ward 3.
Councilwoman Lynda Tremaine, new member from Ward 5, echoed Witten's statement and said her concern was managing Auburn's growth.
"Auburn's at a crossroads right now, with the growth that were seeing and there's a lot of opportunity to make some wise decisions for our future," Tremaine said.
The City Council's first meeting is on Tuesday, Nov. 4, at 6:30 p.m.

Share and discuss “New Auburn City Council takes oath of office” on social media.