Auburn's women's tennis team grabs three wins over the weekend

false

The Auburn women's tennis team finished their third match of the weekend Sunday, Feb. 15, against Troy.
Saturday, the Tigers faced the Samford Bulldogs and the UAB Blazers.
Auburn defeated the Samford Bulldogs without giving up a point before doing the same to the Blazers.
In the first match of the day, Auburn was able to secure a doubles point despite the first court loss by senior Emily Flickenger and junior Pleun Burgmans 6-2.
The team was able to clinch by winning singles for courts two through four all strangely enough by the score 6-2, 6-0.
In the second match of the day, the Tigers stayed went unbeaten in doubles, Flickenger and junior Paula de Man won 6-1, while senior Jen Pfeifler and sophomore Reka Muller won 6-1 on court three.
Freshman Andie Dikosavljevic won her court one singles match by score of 6-1, 6-1.
Flickenger had the longest singles match, but was able to win 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 to clinch.
In the match against Troy, the Tigers won all seven matches.
After the match, Dikosavljevic, who won 6-2, 6-1, said she felt she played well, and that after the first set, she knew she had the match where she wanted it.
"I played really well," Dikosavljevic said. "I thought in the beginning it was a little close, but I was able to break her down in the middle of the first set, and I was able to carry that through the whole match."
Flickenger once again had the longest match against the Trojans, but she won 7-6 (7-2), 5-7, 1-0 (10-4).
Pfeifler said these types of matches can be some of the harder matches to prepare for mentally.
"It's completely mental because you know what's expected of you, and you know that they are going to come out fighting," Pfeifler said. "You have to put yourself in the mind set that every point counts just like it will next weekend."
Pfeifler refers to next weekend because the women's next scheduled match is against SEC opponent South Carolina.
Head coach, Lauren Longbotham Meisner, said there is still work the Tigers need to fix before they get to SEC play, despite saying that she thought the team played well.
"Courts four, five, and six I think did really well," Meisner said. "We struggled on two and three, so we need to maybe work on our attitude. We've got to work on some things before SEC play, but we've had a grueling road. We were on the road for 15 weekends. So we got some good time so that we can tweak some things before SEC."
The Tigers now have 12 days on rest before their match against the Gamecocks in Columbia on Feb. 27.\0x200B

Share and discuss “Auburn's women's tennis team grabs three wins over the weekend” on social media.