Tigers allow Razorbacks to eclipse century mark in foul-laden loss

false

K.C. Ross-Miller dribbles down the court against Arkansas. (Adam Sparks / Photographer)

A total of 53 fouls were committed in the game between Auburn and Arkansas Tuesday Feb.10, a game that lasted almost two and a half hours.
When it was finally over, Auburn was on the wrong end of a 101-87 loss, marking the first time Auburn has surrendered 100 points to an opponent since November 2013.
"This is as well as (Arkansas) has shot the ball in a while," said head coach Bruce Pearl. "Particularly on the road. They're better from two then three, but tonight they were terrific from three."
The Razorbacks were 11 of 23 from three-point land, but they still got their points down low, outscoring the Tigers 44-20 in the paint.
The loss was Auburn's third game in six days, and Pearl said he thinks fatigue may have been a factor.
"We didn't contest and we didn't defend," Pearl said. "I think the Thursday-Saturday-Tuesday showed a little bit, in the sense that I don't know that we were as aggressive, and obviously weren't very effective defensively."
KT Harrell and K.C. Ross-Miller tied for the scoring lead on the night with 21, with Ross-Miller coming off the bench to replace the injured Tahj Shamsid-Deen. Shamsid-Deen has been battling a shoulder injury all season, but Pearl said this time it may be more serious.
Even with 44 points from the bench, Auburn still couldn't find an answer for the Hogs.
Ross Miller said lack of execution ultimately led to the Tigers' downfall.
"We didn't compete enough defensively," Ross-Miller said. "We scored 87 points. That should be enough to win."
It seemed as if there was a foul called on every possession Tuesday nigt, but Pearl said he agreed with the calls, and the referees were simply doing their job.
"The game was chippy," Pearl said. "The officials had to take control of the game, and I thought they did a good job. If the players are going to play like that, then the officials have no choice. They've got to take control. There was a lot of talking right from the jump."
The loss drops Auburn to two games under .500 at 11-13, with a 3-8 mark in SEC play.
Next up is a trip to Athens, Georgia, on Saturday, Feb. 14, for a matchup with the Georgia Bulldogs, who currently boast a 15-7 record.

Share and discuss “Tigers allow Razorbacks to eclipse century mark in foul-laden loss” on social media.