Two Tigers earn SEC Player of the Week honors

false

<p>Freshman forward Kristen Dodson dribbles against UC Irvine on Aug. 30, 2014. (Kenny Moss / Photographer)</p>

Freshman forward Kristen Dodson dribbles against UC Irvine on Aug. 30, 2014. (Kenny Moss / Photographer)

Auburn women's soccer had two players claim SEC honors following their 3-2 victory over No. 25 Missouri Friday night, as midfielder Tori Ball earned SEC Offensive Player of the Week while forward Kristen Dodson earned SEC Freshman of the Week.

The honors mark the first time since 2009 that two Auburn players earned player of the week distinctions in the same week.

Ball, a senior from Mobile, Alabama, had a goal and an assist in the win. Her goal came in spectacular fashion, as she floated a shot from 40 yards away over the keeper who had come off of her line.

Ball's goal moves her to ninth all-time on Auburn's goal-scoring list with 18 goals in her Auburn career.

Dodson, a freshman from Aurora, Illinois, also recorded a goal and an assist in the victory. She is the Auburn leader in points this season with 14, and has recorded at least one point in all but four matches this season.

Their performances came at a crucial time for the Tigers, as they were able to win their first conference game of the season, putting them back in the race to make their 13th straight SEC Tournament appearance.

The win also marked the first victory over a ranked opponent since defeating Texas A&M in 2012.
Auburn's next match is Friday on the road against Texas A&M at 7 p.m. CT.

Share and discuss “Two Tigers earn SEC Player of the Week honors” on social media.