Tiger Stomp brings the beat back

This year’s Tiger Stomp was a success. Auburn’s Kappa Alpha Psi won first place, with Beta Kappa from Jacksonville State University taking second. With no other competitors, Delta Zeta won first place in the sorority division.

The event normally held in the Auburn University arena, was instead held in the student activities center, and featured special hosts “B Flat” and Benji Brown.

AU Rhythm was featured as the opening act and set the stage for the show to come.

JazShawna Little, junior in social work, said it was her first year attending Tiger Stomp and she was most excited to see how everything worked.

“I’m excited to see the outfits of everyone,” Little said. “And everything coming together, just the whole nine yards.”

Traditionally, Tiger Stomp is one of the University’s most anticipated events. Organizations from the National Pan-Hellenic Council were the traditional participants, but the event has since expanded and now includes competitors from the Panhellenic community as well.

Students such as Jill Joffe, sophomore in aerospace engineering, had never attended the event before, but had heard the hype about it.

“This was the most exciting thing that happened last year so I decided to give it a try,” Joffe said.

Tuskegee University’s Phi Beta Sigma was the first to take the stage. Delta Zeta, Beta Kappa from Jacksonville, Kappa Alpha Psi, and Alpha Phi Alpha, followed them.

While the audience waited for the results, B-Flat held a “nae-nae” competition.

Kappa Alpha Psi captured the audience with their asylum-themed dance and step show. Their act featured asylum costumes, nurse costumes, and red and white striped canes.

The two first place teams took home a check for $2,000, and the second place fraternity received a check for $1,000.

Jessica Jones, freshman in exercise science said she enjoyed her first experience at Tiger Stomp.

“The Delta Noupes were really good,” Jones said. “And I really love how everybody gets up and starts line dancing.” 

Share and discuss “Tiger Stomp brings the beat back” on social media.