Red Clay Brewing Company hosts Fork and Pint

<p>Red Clay Brewing Company's Fork and Pint event took place on April 29.</p>

Red Clay Brewing Company's Fork and Pint event took place on April 29.

Red Clay Brewing Company began hosting their culinary series Fork and Pint where chefs come into their business to showcase their cooking to the community.

Red Clay Brewing Company is a local brewery and taproom in Opelika, Alabama, located at 704 N Railroad Ave. The name “red clay” comes from the commonly found red clay in the South. 

There are three owners who collectively work together to keep the brewery up and running: Kerry McGinnis, Stephen Harle and John Corbin. 

The company is hosting the Fork and Pint culinary series where they are inviting chefs to participate in a culinary pop-up series. 

”We have spent years doing tap takeovers and beer dinners with a ton of restaurants that have supported us,” Corbin said. 

Because the company has spent years doing this, he said Red Clay wanted to give more restaurants the opportunity to do the same with them. 

“[This is] sort of like a chef or restaurant takeover," Corbin said. "During this time we invite the chefs in and shut our kitchen down to fully feature them."

The Fork and Pint culinary series has been well received thus far, he said. It has given the guest chefs an opportunity to cook and show food from their restaurants as well as show specialties that one may not be able to typically order from their restaurant. 

Corbin said Thursdays are typically a slower day, so this culinary series allows the chefs and businesses to build community.

“It’s a great opportunity for cross-promotion," he said. "I’ve even noticed chefs promoting the other chefs."

So far, they have hosted Chef Chris with Wilton’s catering preparing Cajun PoBoys. They have also hosted Chef Robbie with Chubby Belly Noods preparing Ramen as well as Korean BBQ wings. Chef Robbie came again and prepared specialties from The Hound. 

Chef Miguel is closing this month’s culinary series with The Grove in Tallassee preparing Puerto Rican specialties as an homage to the beer now being distributed there in the brewery. This event is on April 29.

Red Clay is in the process of booking chefs for the next month’s culinary series and they will be releasing the May lineup soon.  

“Keep an eye on our social media and sign up for our newsletter to get updates on this and upcoming events,” Corbin said.

Becca Benner | Culture Writer

Becca Benner, senior in public relations with a minor inmarketing, is a culture writer at The Auburn Plainsman. 

Share and discuss “Red Clay Brewing Company hosts Fork and Pint” on social media.