Elijah Daniel dismissed from football team

Football

Defensive lineman Elijah Daniel has been dismissed from the Auburn football team, per a statement from the athletics department. 

Daniel was arrested on Wednesday, April 29 in connection with robberies and thefts that occurred in the South Donahue Residence Hall over Auburn University's spring break. 

Daniel was arrested along with former walk-on linebacker DeNorris James and former track athlete Khalil Sellers. 

The following statement was released by the Auburn Police Department following their arrest. 

"On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 the Auburn Police Division arrested three individuals from Auburn and charged them with multiple burglaries and thefts. DeNorris James, age 23, Elijah Daniel, age 21 and Khalil Sellers, age 21 were all charged with one count of burglary second degree, three counts of burglary third degree, one count of theft of property first degree, one count of theft of property second degree and two counts of theft of property third degree.

The arrests are the result of an investigation by Auburn Police into several burglaries and thefts that were reported on March 29, 2015. Detectives initiated an investigation after receiving reports that someone unlawfully entered several dorm rooms in a residence hall located in the 300 block of S. Donahue Drive and stole various electronic devices and jewelry; the thefts occurred over the period of spring break.

A lengthy investigation by Auburn Detectives resulted in DeNorris James, Elijah Daniel, and Khalil Sellers, tenants in the residence hall, being developed as suspects. The three were contacted by police at the residence hall in question. Detectives searched several residences and recovered electronics and jewelry that was previously reported stolen in the burglaries.

Warrants were obtained for their arrest charging them with numerous burglaries and thefts; they were taken into custody while being detained at the Auburn Police Division. There are no additional suspects, however additional charges are possible.

James, Daniels, and Sellers were all transported to the Lee County Jail and each will be eligible for a $24,000 bond."

Daniel recorded 15 tackles in 2014 and one sack. Daniel’s 17 quarterback hurries were a team-high. 

Share and discuss “Elijah Daniel dismissed from football team” on social media.