Eric Wallace | Sports Writer

Articles

OPINION: Sports see promise despite turnover

Women’s sports have certainly carried the banner for Auburn athletics in 2015. From gymnastics’ run to the Super Six to SEC-Champion softball’s ongoing run at history, two smaller-size sports have provided bright spots while bigger money sports have been a bit disappointing.

Eight-run ninth inning seals sweep for Alabama

“Clearly the scoreboard is not going to be as indicative of what the score was,” coach Sunny Golloway said. “My concern, with my history in college baseball, is that the committee is just going to look at the final score. When you’re looking at the last ten games played, this one is going to pop up.”

Crimson Tide takes series behind 17-hit outburst

“We just never could get any momentum because of pitching,” head coach Sunny Golloway said. “That’s two nights in a row that we’ve been up in the zone. Most lineups in the SEC are going to hurt you if you’re up in the zone.”

Late home runs lift Alabama over Auburn

“The two home runs were, to be quite honest with you, very surprising,” head coach Sunny Golloway said. “This is where that mental toughness is going to come into play.”

Elijah Daniel dismissed from football team

Daniel was arrested on Wednesday, April 29 in connection with robberies and thefts that occurred in the South Donahue Residence Halls over Auburn University's spring break.

Auburn-UAB basketball series would boost both schools

t’s time for the Tigers and Blazers to meet on the hardwood once again. With both schools trending in the right direction after impressive postseason runs, there’s never been a better time to renew an in-state series that was once relevant during the glory days of each program.

Media