Auburn Public Library to host 'Star Wars' Imperial Gala

Awakening at the Auburn Public Library, the Force is.

Auburn "Star Wars" fanatics will have an "out of this galaxy" night at Auburn Public Library's "Star Wars" Imperial Gala on Feb. 4 from 5:30-7 p.m.

According to Chris Warren, Auburn Public Library director, the Gala is an event for all ages and is free to all who attend. 

Warren said the library team has put in an abundance of time and effort into ensuring the event's success.  

"We've really geeked out over this event, and we are very excited," Warren said.

In preparation for the event, the staff has transformed the library into the "Star Wars" galaxy, Warren said.

In addition to crafts and snacks, there will be a costume contest to showcase the most spirited "Star Wars" fans. Prizes will be awarded to different age groups for the most impressive intergalactic getup. 

The Imperial Gala will be the second largest winter event held by the public library. Last year's Fairytale Ball was a success, and Warren believes that the "Star Wars" event will be a fun night for those who come out.

According to Warren, the 501st Legion, a group of "Star Wars" look-alikes will be making an appearance at the event. Alongside the 501st Legion, Auburn and Opelika's own stormtroopers will be entertaining and engaging with guests. 

With all the interactive and exciting attractions planned for the evening, the event will be one to remember, Warren said. 

"We are looking forward to a fun event that brings people of all ages together," Warren said. "That's the great thing about 'Star Wars': Adults and kids love it."

Share and discuss “Auburn Public Library to host 'Star Wars' Imperial Gala” on social media.