No. 2 Auburn stretches win streak to 12 games, sweeps series with 6-5 victory over Longwood

12 up, 12 down. The No. 2 Auburn Tigers continued their hot streak against Longwood on Sunday, winning 6-5 to push their win streak to a dozen and complete their third consecutive series sweep.

The Lancers (21-15) jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the third inning on an RBI double by Carly Adams and an RBI single by Glenn Walters. Auburn (37-4, 9-3 SEC) responded in the bottom of the inning, however, by walking in a pair of runs. With the bases loaded and two outs on board, Madi Gipson and Courtney Shea drew walks to score Kasey Cooper and Carlee Wallace, respectively, to tie it at 2. Longwood allowed four walks in the inning.

Auburn took the lead in the fourth on an RBI single by Emily Carosone. It was Carosone's only hit of the game, but she reached base in all four of her at-bats, drawing two walks and her 74th career hit-by-pitch.

The fifth inning proved to be the difference, as the Tigers scored their final three runs in the frame. Courtney Shea's RBI base hit provided Auburn its first run of the inning. A sac fly by Jenna Abbott drove in another run before an RBI by Kendall Veach put Auburn ahead 6-3.

Longwood drove in a pair of runs in the final two innings, but that was ultimately not enough to top the nation's second-ranked team.

Senior Lexi Davis (5-0) earned the win in a relief effort, throwing 3.1 innings to extend her school record for wins to 62.

During the Tigers' 12-game winning streak, they've outscored opponents 68-24.

Share and discuss “No. 2 Auburn stretches win streak to 12 games, sweeps series with 6-5 victory over Longwood” on social media.