Auburn alumni works on film project following three brothers

Three brothers from Iowa — Adam, Seth and Sam Coster — quit their jobs and dropped everything to create video games when they found out their youngest brother Sam had stage 4B lymphoma in 2013.

As a last wish, they worked to create Sam’s dream game. After Sam beat cancer and survived, the game, “Crashlands,” came out and the brothers continued making video games. 

In August 2015, Alessio Summerfield decided to tell their story.

Summerfield graduated from Auburn in 2013. Directly after he graduated, he and his wife moved to St. Louis.

Summerfield and James Reichmuth then decided to open up their own boutique video development and production house, which they called Forever An Astronaut, and both co-own. 

One project Summerfield and Reichmuth felt passionately about was a film series telling stories of game developers in St. Louis.

What should have been a three-hour interview with the the Coster brothers turned into eight hours. Summerfield and Reichmuth decided their story was too important not to tell. 

Instead of filming just an episode about the brothers for the series, they decided to produce a full-length film about them.

The film, “Brace For Impact: The Crashlands Story,” has been in the works since August 2015 with Summerfield as director, and he and Reichmuth as co-executive producers. 

Once the editing is finished, the film will come out in August 2016.

For more information on the film visit www.braceforimpactmovie.com.

Share and discuss “Auburn alumni works on film project following three brothers” on social media.