16th annual Auburn CityFest offers glimpse of summer season

Outdoor events in Auburn are multiplying as the weather warms up and The Plains come to life with color. Auburn CityFest, Auburn's largest arts and crafts festival, was held on a sunny April 30 at Kiesel Park. 

Arts and Acrobats, the 16th annual Auburn CityFest, hosted guests from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 

The group attracted a large crowd and performed with personality. Their performances were spread out through the day for guests as they came and went.   

Live music by Trace Pridgen, B.B. Palmer & Kudzu and Jive Mother Mary kept listeners' heads bobbing and hips swinging. 

The event drew in hundreds from all over Alabama and the surrounding states. Vendors, attractions and activities were spread throughout the entire park. 

Auburn University's Office of Professional and Continuing Education set up an information table at the event, and its workers mingled with guests and spread news about upcoming camps. 

Amy Shugart, outreach program worker, graduated from Auburn in 2012 with a degree in art. 

"I went to school at Auburn, and I didn't know that this event actually happened," Shugart said. "It's great to see the community all gathered in one place." 

Shugart commented on the surprising amount of people and the large amount of dogs. 

"It's been a really great event, and there have been a lot of people here from other places besides Auburn," Shugart said. 

The guests of honor and theme group for the event were the ZuZu African Acrobats. According to the CityFest website, over the last few years the group has performed in 25 different countries. 

Vendors sold everything from crocheted stuffed animals to candles and lotions to Auburn apparel. Attendees strolled through the seemingly endless sea of tables looking through works and pieces by local entrepreneurs. 

Caleb Swann, senior account executive for Auburn IMG Sports Network, and his wife and child were strolling through tables enjoying the live music and products for sale. 

The Swanns were invited to CityFest by friends and enjoyed the family atmosphere. 

"It's a beautiful day to be out enjoying the sun with the family," Swann said. "We've been walking around, checking out the booths. The vendors, the music, it's all been good." 

Share and discuss “16th annual Auburn CityFest offers glimpse of summer season” on social media.