Softball gains momentum for SEC Tournament

Auburn did just enough this Sunday to snap a four game losing streak, and avoid a series sweep in a 5-4 victory over the No.17 Texas A&M Aggies. The Tigers one-run victory came in the last regular season game and final game of this weekends series.

Auburn coach Clint Myers sent ace Kaylee Carlson to the circle Sunday, where she threw a complete game and surrendered only 4 runs to the conference leading home run hitting Aggies.

"I was a little mad, but I knew that I still had a run to support me so I just needed to get the last out and not lose my focus out there and fall apart," Carlson said. “We know that we're winners, we know that we can do the job we just haven't been doing it. Now we know that we can and we're going to from here on out."

Offensively, Kasey Cooper provided a pair of solo home runs, Jade Rhodes and Carlee Wallace both drove in runs, and Emily Carosone chimed in with a solo shot for the Tigers.

"Everything spiraled downhill all at once, which was great," Cooper said of the team's past week. "So we got that out of the way.”

Myers and the Tigers seem to be confident heading into conference tournament week in Starkville, Mississippi. Auburn finished the regular season 46-9 (16-7 SEC) and look forward to a first round bye in the SEC tournament. 

Share and discuss “Softball gains momentum for SEC Tournament” on social media.