Ronnie Brown to join The Auburn Sports Network

Rod Bramblett talks with head football coach Gus Malzahn during a "Tiger Talk" radio show in 2013. (Photo contributed by Auburn Athletics)

Former Auburn tailback Ronnie Brown will be a the new sideline reporter for the Auburn Sports Network this fall. Brown will replace former Auburn linebacker Quentin Riggins, who has been in the position for the past 25 years. 

“Quentin has been a beloved member of the Auburn Sports Network team for such a long time and his work has been appreciated by the entire Auburn Family,” Auburn Sports Properties Vice President and General Manager Chris Davis said. “While it is difficult to replace someone like him, Ronnie Brown is a natural successor and his expertise will be a great asset to the broadcasts.”

Riggins was an All-SEC selection in both 1988 and 1989. The linebacker helped the Tigers to three consecutive SEC championships from 1987-89. Riggins returned to Auburn after a short CFL career and began pursuing a broadcasting career.  

Brown, who played for coach Tommy Tuberville on the Plains from 2000-04, rushed for 2,707 yards and 29 touchdowns. He was a part of the undefeated 2004 team and left soon after for the NFL, where he was drafted No.2 overall to the Miami Dolphins. The running back spent 11 years in the league, finishing with 5,391 rushing yards and 38 scores during his time in Miami, Philadelphia, San Diego and Houston. Brown returned to Auburn University in 2014, completing school and earning his communications degree. 

“I am always excited to come back to the Plains, but I'm elated to be the new sideline reporter following in Quentin’s footsteps,” Brown said. “It's a great opportunity that I'm looking forward to, and I’m approaching it in the same manner as I did when I was an athlete.”

You can catch Brown on Tiger Talk for the first time on Aug. 25, as he joins Rod Bramblett and Riggins to preview the 2016 season. 

Share and discuss “Ronnie Brown to join The Auburn Sports Network ” on social media.