Utilizing Summer Clothes

When the seasons change, your clothes change too. Oversized sweaters, flannels, and ankle boots finally come out of your winter storage. This doesn’t necessarily mean your summer clothes have to be packed away until next year. The clothes that remind us of what being warm feels like can still stay relevant this winter in many ways. 

The latest trend of overall dresses was seen all throughout summer and spring and now they can be seen in winter worn with tights, a turtleneck or sweater underneath. You’ll appear cozy and cute, without looking like you just walked off of a farm.

Every girl is a sucker for a chunky sweater, as well as a summer dress. Luckily they work well together. Utilizing the comfy knit sweater as a layer to keep warm, the summer dress will turn into a cute preppy skirt. This is one of the easiest transitions that people on campus seem to be catching on to.

Luckily there is more than one way to wear dresses in winter. Pair your dresses with tights and a blazer to keep it professional, or even a leather jacket because we’re approaching the ideal leather weather. You can also fight the cold while wearing a sundress with leggings, a knit scarf and a long wool cardigan that’s a necessity for winter. For the days when Alabama weather does what it does best and makes it feel like summer in fall, a dress with thigh high boots and a scarf will feel perfect on warmer days.

To keep the dream of the 90’s alive, keep your high waisted denim shorts and wear them over sheer or opaque tights. Don’t be afraid to be bold and bust out the patterned tights with your shorts. You can pair all the same items with skirts, especially denim skirts. The key to this outfit is layering, so thick knee-high socks, scarfs, and cardigans are a guaranteed way to look good and prevent yourself from freezing to death.

Remember that the weather changes how we dress, not what we wear. Your closet may seem a little packed by keeping the summer clothes, but at least you’re saving money from buying a whole new winter wardrobe.

Share and discuss “Utilizing Summer Clothes” on social media.