Two Door Cinema Club releases new album

Two Door Cinema Club reminds us of their originality by simply trying to be their own favorite band instead of trying to sound like someone else. 

The Irish indie musicians return after year long break to embrace '80s glossy pop with their new studio album, Gameshow. This album opens new doors for the band musically and is filled with traditional danceable and energetic tracks.

Music enthusiasts will notice Gameshow is a bit happier than the sadistic indie-rock albums we loved to related to in high school.

We all know the beloved and dynamic singles such as, “Something Good Can Work,” and “What You Know.” These two crowd-pleasers lead us to the fun and notable new track, “Lavender.” 

This favorable song is coated with percussion, striking vocals and infectious, feel-good melodies that will surely get stuck in your head by the second listen. “Not that I’m giving living not a chance,” Two Door sets the bar high with lyrics about life and youth.

Nostalgic '80s influences are clear in the song “Fever.” 

High-pitched vocals ring effortlessly, along with layered funky-bass and Two Door’s familiar playful guitar riffs. These lively melodies indicate influences of Prince. 

It's differences push the boundaries of their genre. Nevertheless, it delivers. Plenty of other cleverly written songs exhibit the synthesized and electric-pop melodies throughout the rest of the album as well.

You can’t blame a band for venturing off into a new genre after 7 years of mastering indie-electronic-rock with their two previous successful albums. 

Though they aren’t necessarily changing their sound, only improving and experimenting more. You’d typically compare Two Door Cinema Club to bands like, Vampire Weekend, though this album seems like the members really wanted to show off their David Bowie influences. 

They pull it off. 

Even with their fairly new sound, I still hear harmonies and upbeat rhythms that made me first fall in love with Two Door Cinema Club. 

Share and discuss “Two Door Cinema Club releases new album” on social media.