AU softball associate head coach Corey Myers to resign

Auburn softball associate head coach Corey Myers has resigned, announced in a release from the Auburn Athletics Department on Thursday night.

In the statement, Myers cites the prioritization of his family as his main reason for stepping away from the team.

“It is with great sadness today that I announce I will be stepping down as the associate head coach of the Auburn University softball team,” Myers said in the statement. “It became clear to me that my relationship with my family needs to be my top priority right now and therefore felt that I must step away.

“I thank the Auburn family for everything they have done for my family and myself. We absolutely love living on The Plains and will forever feel like Auburn is our home.”

Myers arrived at Auburn with his father and AU head coach Clint Myers back in 2014. On August 2, 2016, the team promoted Myers from pitching coach to associate head coach.

As pitching coach, Myers developed the program’s all-time winningest pitcher Lexi Davis. Davis tallied 62 wins as a Tiger, with 54 of those coming under Myers’ direction. This season, Auburn ranks ninth in the nation with a combined team ERA of 1.32.

No. 5 Auburn is 28-5 overall this season, with a 3-3 mark in conference play following a 1-2 series loss to Florida last weekend. The Tigers must make a quick recovery from Myers’ departure, as the team travels to Athens, Georgia this weekend for a three-game series against No. 18 UGA.

The first pitch for game one is set for 6 p.m. CST on the SEC Network+.

Share and discuss “AU softball associate head coach Corey Myers to resign ” on social media.