Night one of UPC's Red Barn Series features local musicians

The Red Barn Series kicked off this year with performances from Alex Wilkerson and The Brook and The Bluff. 

The first concert of the two-night series took place at Auburn's Red Barn on Thursday, March 2.

In its third year, The Red Barn Series is a series of concerts featuring local musicians from the indie and alternative genre. 

Both the band and Wilkerson played songs they wrote themselves as well as covers of popular artists including Drake and Childish Gambino. 

Among The Brook and The Bluff’s set were “Masks” and “Straws”, two of their self-written songs.

Everyone who performed was an Auburn graduate or current student, and the event was organized by the University Program Council (UPC). 

Josh Ebalo, a senior in nursing and roommate of the band's bassist, said he was at the event to support his roommate “and best friend of ten years."

"I’ve heard about [The Red Barn Series] before but this is my first time coming out," Ebalo said.

Ebalo described the night as “awesome."

"I’ve seen The Brook and the Bluff before in Nashville and they always put on a super good show," Ebalo said.

Reilly Shaw, sophomore in visual media, said she “went last year and I really liked it,” so she decided to come again this year. 

Shaw said she found out about the event by word of mouth.

“My friend was the opening act and I have a friend that’s playing in the next band," Shaw said. "They told me about it.”

Emma Kate Shaw, a sophomore in Horticulture said she enjoyed the evening’s events and she enjoyed the performances. 

"I like the music, I haven’t heard The Brook and the Bluff before but this is the same kind of music I usually listen to," Emma Kate said.

Share and discuss “Night one of UPC's Red Barn Series features local musicians” on social media.