Robbery reported outside South Donahue Residence Hall

'Upscale' South Donahue dorms near completion in time for fall semester

University Campus Safety and Security reported an on-campus robbery near the South Donahue Residence Hall on Tuesday evening.

The victim had her wallet and backpack stolen by a man dressed in black after he approached her near a dumpster.

Read the full statement below.

"The Auburn Police Division is investigating a robbery that was reported at approximately 8:40 p.m. today. The victim reports that she was walking near the dumpster at the east side of South Donahue Residence Hall and was approached by a male, who stole her wallet and backpack. The victim was not injured during the robbery and no weapons were seen or used.

The suspect was described as a black male, wearing all black, with slender build and approximately 5’9” or 5’10”. He was last seen running away from South Donahue Residence Hall toward Leach Science Center.

Please be reminded of the following:

• Stay alert to your surroundings and walk with friends, especially at night.
  • Use available means of transportation such as the Night Security Shuttle (available on campus at 334-844-7400 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. while classes are in session), a local taxi service, or Uber.
  • Trust your instincts. If you do not feel comfortable in a place or situation, leave.
  • If you see suspicious activity or a person behaving suspiciously, notify police at 911 (emergencies or crimes in progress), 334-501-3100 (non-emergencies) or 334-246-1391 (tip line – text or call).

If you have any information about this incident, please notify the Auburn Police Division using the tip line."

These events transpired during the time white nationalist thinker Richard Spencer was on campus to speak at Foy Hall. His presence attracted several visitors, resulting in large crowds supporting and protesting him across campus. 

Share and discuss “Robbery reported outside South Donahue Residence Hall” on social media.