Director of Campus Dining to speak on Auburn Foods

Students interested in whats happening with food options on campus can soon hear information straight from the source.

As part of the "This is Auburn Speaker Series," Director of Campus Dining Glenn Loughridge will present "Getting Back to Our Roots: The Story of Auburn Foods" on Sept. 29. 

Loughridge will talk about changes coming to dining options on campus and how students today enjoy fresh, local food as part of their college experience.

Attendees to his speech will be able to sample Auburn Foods, a brand that encompasses local foods that are produced on campus or in the community and then served at dining locations around the University. 

Loughridge became Auburn University’s director of Campus Dining in 2012. The 1994 Auburn alumnus works with the Auburn dining contractor, student groups, faculty and staff to create a campus dining experience that is dynamic and responsive to changes in dining needs and tastes.

In 2016, Loughridge oversaw the implementation of the nation’s first certified gluten-free, on-campus restaurant, Plains to Plate. That same year he also received Auburn’s Spirit of Sustainability Award for his commitment to promoting local foods, reducing waste and bringing healthier options to campus.

He has been honored as the Student Government Association Supporter of the Year and was involved with two projects—aquaponics system and food entrepreneur conference—that received President’s Collaborative Unit Awards for the 2016-17 academic year. This year he helped launch Auburn Foods.

Loughridge will speak Friday, Sept. 29 at 3 p.m. in the Auburn Alumni Center.

Share and discuss “Director of Campus Dining to speak on Auburn Foods” on social media.