'This is Auburn Speaker Series' to launch this month

Auburn will be offering lectures by distinguished speakers on the Friday before home football games, a tradition on The Plains. The "This is Auburn Speaker Series" will present its sixth annual event to discuss a variety of topics.

Talks will be held at 3 p.m. at the Auburn Alumni Center in the Goodwin Room. 

"This speaker series has become an anticipated part of game week among the Auburn community and the fans visiting each weekend," said Mike Clardy, assistant vice president for communications and marketing. "This year's speakers cover a lot off territory with regard to their areas of expertise, many in positions of leadership and authority. We are looking forward to hearing them present their stories."

Jan Davis, former NASA astronaut and graduate of Auburn, will speak on Sept. 15. Davis will present "An Auburn Astronaut: My Journey Into Space" which will be in conjunction with Auburn University Libraries as they celebrate 125 years of women at Auburn.

Davis isn't the only notable speaker at the event. Glenn Loughridge, who graduated in 1994 and serves as the Director of Campus Dining at Auburn University, will present "Getting Back to our Roots: The Story of Auburn Foods."

Other speakers include retired army Gen. Lloyd J. Austin, editor emeritus of "Auburn Magazine" Mike Jernigan and Christopher Heacox, executive director of the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University.

This series will be sponsored by by the Auburn Alumni Association, Auburn Athletics, Office of Communications and Marketing and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Auburn.

Share and discuss “'This is Auburn Speaker Series' to launch this month” on social media.