The bartender recommended the sweet blueberry wine, made primarily with blueberries from Alabama.  Among the staff's favorites were the pinot grigio, the 

The day began with ... 

Guests met at the Opelika Fairgrounds at 8 a.m. Friday to climb aboard the two tiger transit busses that would transport them through the rolling countryside of Lee County.  

Five Point Farms in Five Points,  

Hodges Winery in Camp Hill

Whipporwill Vineyards 

68 guests... 

Two tiger transit busses 

All ages here, great turnout.  Had to turn people away. 

Whoever could get off on Friday 

Lee Co. fairgrounds at 8, should be getting be acre provided lunch 

“Beautiful day exploring local vineyards we have learned a lot and didn’t ... Rebecca o’rear existed. “ 

Project started four years ago 

Tara’s # 

3347075143

Fair weather and a 

Warm sun and cool breeze greeted the guests as they stepped down on the fresh grass from their busses. 

Vineyards ... 

The rolling hills in lee county greeted guests as they drove in. 

Tickets to the wine tour were $40 for each person, and the ticket included transportation to the vineyards, lunch that was catered by Acre, and a bottle of wine from one of the locations.  

Guests arrived at Hodges Vineyards around 11:30 a.m., ... 

Hodges, located in Camp Hill, has a full selection of wines from on-site vineyards.   

Bees buzzed gaily around ...  

The lunch, provided by Acre...

Emily Sanderson, from the Auburn area, came with her three friends for a relaxing Friday getaway.  "So far, so good!  It has been a lot of fun getting to learn about the different grapes in the area.  I have learned a lot about the process of the wine making," she said. 

Tara: "This was a project that started four years ago, with myself and Chuck Brown, the original Lee Co Coordinator. Our goal was to expand our agri-tourism market, and so we partnered with AO tourism to feature websites so we could brig people out to see what was available locally.  We did a wine tour three years ago that was really successful, and we had the three nearby regionally, and we thought that would be a good test. so this is really our pilot project this year. ... so far everyone has really enjoyed it. It has been what we thought it was going to be. 

Each site featured different aspects, unique to the winery.  

Five Points focused on the different grapes they had, and the production with their grapes, as well as sharing their story of how they got started.  Hodges has done the table wine, with a meet and greet, and focused on how they bottled their wine on the tour.  

Each host had the opportunity to select their own script and service, and tailored the guests experiences to their own style. 

tour and tasting at each location

"We hope to increase people coming to the wineries and purchasing the local wine..." 

"We have people from Troy, Mtg, Columbus, with us today." 

Tara hopes that the vineyards will be open to the idea of hosting a spring wine tour and tasting in 2018. 

we hope it will be something that will continue 

special chicken salad and sauce from Acre. 

"We couldn't have a prettier day."  

The Lee County Extension, hosts of the Master Gardeners tour in the spring, ... 

Five Points Farms 

Hodges Vineyards & Winery 

Whipporwill 

"We have all ages, so that was a great turnout.  It's whoever could get off on a Friday.  We have a range, which is exciting." Ashley 

Share and discuss “” on social media.