Auburn dominates SEC weekly honors with trio of players

The weekly honors fall on the shoulders of Kerryon Johnson, Daniel Carlson and Casey Dunn

Since around 3 p.m. CT on Saturday, everything has gone right for the Auburn Tigers.

For their extraordinary efforts in a blowout of the No. 1 Georgia Bulldogs, a trio of Tigers have earned SEC weekly honors. Junior tailback Kerryon Johnson was dubbed Offensive Player of the Week, senior placekicker Daniel Carlson Special Teams Player of the Week and senior center Casey Dunn Offensive Lineman of the Week. 

Johnson accounted for 233 all-purpose yards in the victory -- 66 through the air and 167 on the ground. His rushing yardage is the most for an Auburn tailback against Georgia since Kenny Irons ran wild against the Dawgs for 179 in 2005. 

Johnson joins the 2,000 Club at Auburn, becoming the 18th Tiger to rush for over 2K in his career with 2,138 yards. If the junior scores a touchdown in SEC play in the Iron Bowl or the possible SEC Championship Game, he will have the most scores in a season against SEC opponents since 2000.

Carlson knocked in 4-for-4 field goals, including his 13th career 50-plus-yard field goal in the first quarter with his 54-yarder. 

Dunn, the graduate transfer from Jacksonville State University, graded out at 91 percent for the contest. The center spearheaded an Auburn offense that tallied 488 total yards of offense against Georgia's No. 5 overall defense en route to its sixth 40-point performance in the last seven SEC showdowns. Six of Dunn's blocks led to first downs or touchdowns. 

Share and discuss “Auburn dominates SEC weekly honors with trio of players” on social media.