2018 Diversity Best Practices Conference promotes diversity and inclusion

The 2018 Diversity Best Practices Conference hosted by Auburn University’s Office of Inclusion and Diversity will be Feb. 5 through Feb. 6 at The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center. The theme of the conference, “Accelerating Diversity in Dynamic Environments,” will provide professionals and students with new ways of promoting diversity and inclusion initiatives within their organizations.

The conference will bring together scholars from an assortment of disciplines and institutions, explore the best organizational practices and address key issues that impact the inclusion and diversity field. 

The conference engages participants in approaches necessary for enhancing cross-disciplinary relationships as organizations continue to be impacted by constant change, limited resources and complex political systems.

Inclusion and diversity thought leader Damon Williams is the keynote speaker at the 2018 conference. Williams is widely respected as one of the nation’s most dynamic and innovative leaders in diversity and inclusion management. Williams has counseled more than 1,000 colleges and universities, Fortune 100 companies, foundations and agencies on facilitating diversity and change management, creating equitable educational outcomes and activating learning and leadership in transformative ways.

The conference will include a review of organizational diversity and inclusion strategies, discussion of policy changes impacting the efficacy of organizational diversity programs and a review of practices that best shape the landscape of organizational diversity.

The deadline for early-bird registration is Jan. 5 and conference registration is $150. After Jan. 5 registration is $175. Contact Timothy Fair, chief of staff and special assistant for operations and strategic initiatives for Auburn’s Office of Inclusion and Diversity, with any questions. For additional information, including a comprehensive conference schedule, go to http://diversity.auburn.edu/dbpc/.

Share and discuss “2018 Diversity Best Practices Conference promotes diversity and inclusion” on social media.