Holland becomes fourth Auburn junior to declare for NFL Draft

Another Auburn junior is ready to pursue a career in the NFL.

Defensive lineman Jeff Holland became the fourth Auburn player to forego their senior season on The Plains to enter the 2018 NFL Draft. Holland announced is decision on Twitter Wednesday evening.

“After an unforgettable season, I have decided to pursue my lifelong dream and enter the 2018 NFL Draft,” Holland said in his statement. “I want to thank my teammates, my coaches, the entire AU athletic department and the AU fans for the tremendous support over the last three years. I am forever a Tiger. War Eagle!”

Holland had 10 sacks this season, becoming the first Auburn player to post double-digits in that category since Dee Ford in 2013. Holland earned First Team All-SEC honors for his breakout junior season.

“Jeff Holland had an outstanding junior year and was one of our most improved players," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said. "Jeff’s love and passion for the game of football is contagious and it will carry over to the next level. I appreciate his time at Auburn and wish him the best.”

He also had a career-high 45 tackles and 13 tackles for loss. The Jacksonville, Florida native also forced four fumbles at Auburn’s Buck pass rusher position, which he took over after Carl Lawson entered the NFL Draft in the spring of 2017.

Share and discuss “Holland becomes fourth Auburn junior to declare for NFL Draft” on social media.